Re: [SLUG] Last post

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 22:06:03 EST

mark@bish.net wrote:

> Didn't mean to proppgate that darn stupid subject. Someone hijacked
> a thread and I didn't notice until after I hit 'send'.

Hi Mark!

The server spit out a bunch of old messages over the weekend, this one
that you responded to was one of them.

The "crap hardware" Toshiba I have was researched as much as I could but
I guess it is much different from its contemporaries. I have a freeware
windows program that examines the hardware.

Evidently the sound "card" is mostly software and a couple of plugs.
"Sound MaxDigital Audio" Version 5.10 manufactured by our old friend M$
so of course it works just fine in winders. 16 bit sample, 44.1 Rate,
65535 Channels. I looked around on Google for a Linux driver for it but
so far no luck. There may be something out there though.

Regards,

Pete