Re: [SLUG] Free unlimited tech support (Was: the golden rule...)

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 21:04:48 EST

Paul M Foster wrote:
<snip>
> The sale price for essentially the same version of the report writer
> to DacEasy users was $99. We got more whiny, hand-holding tech
> support

Hi Paul!

There is a reason for this. The organizations that are on a small budget
have people doing their tech work who are not primarily techs and tech
work is just another thing dropped onto their desk. I know what they are
facing.

In my case, I am working on getting together an application to gather
data on alternative medicine treatment outcomes. The information will be
used to guide doctors far in the future. Any payback will be years after
I am deceased, but if the project is completed there will be some human
benefit, just no benefit to me. Of course, the project has no budget.

Why do I do it? I don't know, why do any of those who do such things do it?

Regards,

Pete