Re: [SLUG] Last post - Toshiba hardware ?

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 21:19:33 EST

Mark Banschbach wrote:
> Greetings all..
>
> Mark, et,al: In reference to this post might I inquire as to which
> piece of toshiba crap we are

Hi Mark!

Satellite A15S-129, works fine with Windows XP home image as supplied
OEM. Try to use anything else and you have some issues that you don't
expect because, as you say, other Toshiba's are fine with Linux, that's
why I bought Toshiba - Toshiba was "fine" with Linux.

I went with MEPIS because it was being pushed on the list as "point and
click". The one thing that MEPIS will do is go on-line with the minimal
circuitry winmodem. Printing was a problem, but we got some printing out
of it last meeting. The Air Card I have worked at Honeywell but when I
get to my workplace it complains that there is no signal (yet when I
switch to Windows the signal is excellent). The sound issue is as yet
unresolved, but we didn't ever address that at a meeting. Then there is
the problem of where it is keeping its files so I can find them to back up.

Regards,

Pete