RE: [SLUG] Re: Slug Newbie here...

From: jhaydon (jhaydon@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 19:38:20 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: slug@nks.net [mailto:slug@nks.net] On Behalf Of Chad Perrin
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 1:30 PM
To: slug@nks.net
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re: Slug Newbie here...

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> And men wonder why some women don't want to be part of technical
> organizations or the field altogether? Sigh.
>
> I guess if you're going to make a comment about women, maybe use a
> female of reference that is more representative of the type of woman
we
> could expect? Playing right into that one thing I dislike (yes, as a
> man, and I'm sure many women do tloo) is the continual facination with
> actresses.
>
> So broaden your horizons gentlemen! There are many intelligent,
> technical and attractive women that might be more representative of a
> prospective female newbie. At least don't mention someone that is
> rather non-representative, let alone try to keep the sexual innuendo
> a minimum.
>
> Just my $0.02 ... Of course I even think "outside the box" when it
> comes to women too.

Get off your high horse. Would you like me to start bitching about the
fact that you just stereotyped women with geekish interests? Who's to
say that Angelina Jolie isn't a computer geek when the media isn't
looking? Is the fact that she's famous, hourglass-shaped, and possessed

of pouty lips some kind of instant indicator that she couldn't possibly
be interested in Linux? Are you trying to say that all Linux-using
women are ugly by popular standards?

Don't bother to answer any of the above. I really don't care. Get over

yourself.

--
Chad

I'm still looking for a single woman who can burn a CD/DVD on a CLI. I know two that can, but they are both married.

James Haydon Systems Analyst The J.M. Stewart Corporation stewartsigns.com