Re: [SLUG] Re: Slug Newbie here...

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 14:51:08 EST

From: Chad Perrin
> Get off your high horse.

I'm not on my high horse.
I just wish men would _think_.

> Would you like me to start bitching about the
> fact that you just stereotyped women with geekish interests?

No, you ass-u-me'd I did.
Go re-read it.

> Who's to say that Angelina Jolie isn't a computer geek
> when the media isn't
looking?

That wasn't my point.
My point was that I don't know too many primadonna, near-psycho, childish adults like the one you mentioned.
Furthermore, I consider using celebrity actresses to be very simpleminded and of poor form.
Which was my point entirely, many geek women I've know will as well.

> Is the fact that she's famous, hourglass-shaped, and possessed
> of pouty lips some kind of instant indicator that she couldn't possibly
> be interested in Linux?

Again, you are yet again ass-u-ne'ing things.
When did I make that suggestion?
Re-read my original post in its _entirity_!

> Are you trying to say that all Linux-using
> women are ugly by popular standards?

Are you trying to say people who don't look like Ms. Jolie do not?
That's the problem right there!
And that's before we even consider the social aspects of her.

I could suggest far more attractive, beautiful, charming and, most importantly, technically savvy women.
Again, broaden your horizons and do your homework.
Ms. Jolie? Com'mon!

> Don't bother to answer any of the above. I really don't care.

I know, it's readily apparent.

> Get over yourself.

Learn to realize where the problem starts.
Or you can assume I'm on my "high-horse."

--
Chad

-- Bryan J. Smith (currently mobile) b.j.smith@ieee.org