Re: [SLUG] Re: Slug Newbie here...

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 15:01:59 EST

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> I could suggest far more attractive, beautiful, charming and, most importantly, technically savvy women.
> Again, broaden your horizons and do your homework.
> Ms. Jolie? Com'mon!

Angelina Jolie isn't perfect, by any means, for my tastes. She enjoys
the benefit of being well-known, however. Whatever women you're talking
about would almost certainly have been unrecognizable by name to many
list members. I chose a celebrity to reference BECAUSE SHE IS A
CELEBRITY, and therefore it is a given that, if she were present (or
even if someone that looked like her were present), she'd be noticed and
would draw attention. You talk about making assumptions, and here you
are assuming all sorts of things.

--
Chad