Re: [SLUG] Brandon meeting tonight not for Brandonites only!

From: Robin \ (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 16:33:51 EST

>Usually for Slug, B&N will put out about 30 folding chairs, but in
>the case of an event like this they probably will (or should)
>assign a larger venue, such as last year when I went
>over to meet Col. Hackworth, USA (ret.) at the north Tampa
>B&N, where a couple hundred were in line to greet him.

Since I never made it beyond E-6, I doubt that there will be hundreds of
people in line.

And despite the rumors, I have no reason to believe Angelina Jolie will
be there.

I don't expect Tampa Tribune computer columnist Doug Stanley to show up,
either. In an email reply to a pitch from Prentice Hall publicist
Heather Fox, he wrote "I am indeed familiar with Slashdot and Robin
Miller, but the subject matter doesn't fit with the interests of people
who read the column. In over five years, I have never received a
question or comment about Linux from a reader...."

Despite the likely lack of Doug Stanley's's presence, I'll have
autograph-signing pens with me. And a digital camera. And a more
beautiful woman than Angelina Jolie, namely my wife, Debbie. :)

- Robin