Re: [SLUG] Interesting linux on mac article a good read.

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 20:42:03 EST

Robert Snyder wrote:
> Found this to be interesting why someone would pick linux over osx.
>

> http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2004/11/30/linux.html

That answers the question of why someone might choose Linux over OS X.
It doesn't answer the question of why someone might choose Mac hardware
over PC hardware.

I find that, if I'm willing to shop around, I can get equivalent
hardware and a more pleasant physical interface for less money out of
PC-compatibles. Maybe that's just me, though.

In any case, the only reason I'd be likely to buy Mac hardware would be
to have something on which I could run OS X, I think.

--
Chad