Re: [SLUG] random questions

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 09:28:33 EST

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Chad Perrin wrote:

> Eben King wrote:
> > On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Chad Perrin wrote:
> >
> >>3. Why does my Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite work perfectly under
> >>Linux, while it would randomly decide to cause the Ctrl, Alt, and Shift
> >>keys to "stick" electronically under Windows? I know there's not likely
> >>to be an answer to this forthcoming, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
> >
> > Sticky Keys, but I thought you had to turn that on?
>
> It seemed to turn itself on and off at whim.

The trigger for Stick Keys is five consecutive presses of Shift, and if
its sound is turned off, you might not notice that it had toggled.
There's some icon, probably in the tray.

I have triggered some other service, by holding down Shift for 5 seconds
while in thought. THAT was disabled right quick...

Hi! I'm a .sig virus! Copy me to your .sig!