Re: [SLUG] Re: OT: picked up a screw around rig today

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 20:27:41 EST

Ken Elliott wrote:
>>>Though I am a bottom-posting bigot, I agree with your implied suggestion
>>>that we not make a federal case of such (comparatively) minor issues.
>>>We can get along, if we just respect each other in our public
>
> discussions.
>
> Agreed. Even though it takes ever fibre of my body to resist lashing out at
> you silly bottom posters, who insist on making me scroll past
> previously-read text....<grin>

I also tend to find that sort of thing annoying sometimes, which is why
I'm also a (largely silent) "edit out the irrelevancies" bigot. As you
may note, I just deleted the great mass of irrelevant text that was
below your response, making this a much shorter email, and thus have
made bottom-posting a net gain in this case (in my estimation, at least).

--
Chad

PS: Besides, I'd rather scroll past irrelevant blocks of text I've already read than be faced with the task of trying to sort out discussion precedence in a confusingly-formatted top-posting email.

PPS: Hopefully, this amicable discussion about the relative benefits and detriments associated with top-posting and bottom-posting won't get on anyone's nerves. If anyone objects, please let me know, and I'll drop it. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.