RE: [SLUG] Re: OT: picked up a screw around rig today

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 21:03:16 EST

>>It is then easy to scroll with page down until you come to the new text.

It is the need to scroll that I object to. Imagine if a really long running
thread had every reply contained in it. Bottom posting would require that
the reader scroll through several pages to read each reply.

I agree that top posting doesn't make sense IF the reader were to read the
last message. But most of us on this list (I suspect) are getting these
messages as they are sent, thus it seems to me that top posting works best.

Of course, this is simply my opinion. Bottom post fans will bottom post and
vice-versa.

Ken Elliott