[SLUG] List Chaos.

From: Logan Tygart (thelogan@allyourbase-arebelongto.us)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 23:24:09 EST

Ahhh, the smell of winter chaos, under palm fronds, in the SLUG list.

I actually love using linux. I have installed it on a multitude of
architectures and have enjoyed using it solely and given my best hand at
contributing to it since 1995. My entire server farm, where I derive my
recompense, runs only GNU/Debian Linux. The bickering on this list, of
late, saddens me and reeks of this particular axiom:
http://www.drunkbastard.net/photos/arguing.jpg

I am sorely disappointed at the folks that have forgotten netiquette
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php : top posting, the
posting of trollery and most of all, at those who respond to the
flagrant trollery.

I will remind you all, you are using a totally free resource. Free like
water. How? You can download the whole of the Linux operating system
for free; from the kernel to the most bizarre software, you can find
what you need, for the most part, for free. If you cant find it, you
can write it yourself, tailor something else to fit your needs or find
others to compose the requisite software. It costs you nothing more
than your connection to the internet; around the same amount you pay for
your water tap. If you require speciality software, it will cost you,
no matter what underlying OS you use.

Some of us, who have written basic Linux drivers for all the machines
you use, are sorely disappointed with drivel vomited forth from this
particular list. Can you get your machine to run, for free, with any
other OS? I am sure you can find obscure pieces of nonsense, as even my
beloved GNU/Debian has its whimsical GNU Hurd kernel, that you can get
for free, but do not provide even a modest modicum of functionality the
Linux kernel provides freely. Compare this to the
"features/viruses/out-source-service-support and ungodly price" you
enjoy via M$. If you desire such support, by all means join an M$ group
and stop issuing your cacophony here.

With that in mind, I will remind you all, once again, when you complain
of inadequate literature and howtos to complete at task, you are freely
able to compose such useful literature and post it, either to this list
or to the page where the software originates. Try giving back to what
you enjoy.

Thank you for your time. I shall now return to the Jameson channel, it
is Sunday, for Chrissakes,
http://www.irish-whiskey-trail.com/corner/corner.htm ,to which I am
currently tuned. Maybe some of you urchins should give it a whirl.

The Logan

--
22:20:01 up 70 days, 31 min, 3 users, load average: 0.13, 0.58, 0.83
Mynd you, mse bites Kan be pretty nasti. -- Monty Python