[SLUG] The Minutes of the Tampa Meeting

From: Dylan Hardison (dylanwh@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 19:41:00 EST

On Tuesday, the seventh day of December, the two thousand and fourth
year of the Common Era, the merry men and women of Tampa SLUG did
assemble
with much gusto and laughter, and nary a frown was to be found!

There in attendance were many honorable persons, including but not exclusively:

* Mario Lombardo, Lord Governor of Tampa SLUG.
* Bill Preece, Lord Governor of Brandon SLUG, and his Lady whose name
escapes me.
* James Miller, the Weaver.
* Angela Whatshername, She Whom Must Be Obeyed And Not Called a Lady Or Else.
* Alex Whathisname, The man from the government and the Trekkie
* Chad Perrin, the Apotheon
* Frank of SOTL
* Leonard Schmiege, Maker of the Black Box.
* Bob Foxworth, Knight of the Left Ear.
* Pat, Oracle at Hillsborough
* Tyler, Monk of the Order of St IGNUcius.
* Ian Thomas, Alumnus of Nachos.
* Steven Buehler, Possessor of the Cell Phone of Doom.
* Mike Branda, the younger
* Dylan Hardison, the Bard and Jester of little humor.

And many others, whose names escape me like so many handfuls of air.

The two hours passed quickly, with the raffle and much conversation
being had. There was laughter and little else, save for the above
mentioned refreshments. Notably lacking was the promised guitar and
keg of Patrick Grantham,
it being assumed this was offered in jest.

At Nine, Mario did push we from our hallowed hall at HCC, and tell all
to assemble at Benigan's for the consumption. It was at the Benigan's
that the meeting did continue 'til the late our of twelve o'clock,
with more laughter and conversation than can dare be put down in the
written word.

Those where were there to the last were Mario, Ian, Chad, Tyler, and myself.
It was a grand evening, to be sure.

More could be said, but such divine comedy cannot be wrought into words.

To all the varied people of Slugadonia, I wish a good Christmas, Hanukkah,
and/or a happy New Years. May your systems not reboot for another year.

P.S.

Today is Boomtime, the 50th day of The Aftermath in the Year of Our
Lady Discordia 3170.
Celebrate Afflux

--
"Oh, you cannae shove yer granny off a bus, Oh, you cannae shove yer
granny off a bus,