Re: [SLUG] RE: List Chaos. - WISH IT WOULD END!!

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 11:16:24 EST

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 07:31, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 07:16, Max F Lang wrote:
> > Not quite yet: I'm a *BSD and Slackware junkie, and have never been
> > any great fan of RedHat's products. But Fedora 3 is pretty good,
> > pretty darn good. FC1 was alright,
>
> Correct. It was just a more stable (.2) revision of Red Hat Linux 9
> (.1).
>
> > FC2 did kinda suck,
>
> As all .0 revisions. That's when Red Hat changes everything up.
>
> > FC3 is first class.
>
> As with any .1 revision. <Marylin Manson>This is the new sh**</Manson>,
> but it's fairly stable. After 4 months of Bugzilla fix'n the ".0"
> revision, by the time the ".1" revision hits "Test," it's down to minor
> issues. By 2 months, it's ready for release.

O.K. the above is all good _on_topic_ info. Although I could get on you
of how you could have chosen a better example than Marylin Manson as you
did Chad of Angelina Jolie. I'll stop there since I'm not inclined to
spew 5Mb of nonsense and waste everyone's time.

> > I could bitch about some missing apps due to licencing
> > issues, but that's nothing freshrpms and livna haven't solved.
>
> If you didn't catch me mentioning it before, Livna.ORG is the repository
> the Fedora Project setup after they became Fedora Extras in the Red Hat
> merge.
>
> I typically tap DAG before FreshRPMS though. DAG tracks FreshRPMS
> developments, as well as 4 others, so he's a great, single source. He
> tends to be more wary of conflicts too.
>
> > FC3 has been a first-rate desktop. Last word...
>
> Well, I wouldn't go that far, and Fedora _is_ my preferred distro.

This is O.K. too. still good info and the _opinion_ above is not
overdone.

begin overly redundant nonsense

> But anyone who feels "dis-enfranchised" by the Fedora Project should
> either try it out, or heed those of us who actually run it. We're not
> idiots and we don't take offense to dislike, but stuff that is _not_
> accurate at all. Proliferation of that non-sense has to stop (because
> it's the "majority thought" right now).**
>
> I mean, with most of the comments I get, it doesn't sway me away. I
> just tells me that you're probably not a good candidate for a Red Hat
> Linux administrator. E.g., one guy on _another_ list that still
> _actively_ supported Red Hat Linux 7.3 and 9 at his job, but didn't know
> about Fedora Legacy, much less UP2DATE, APT, YUM, etc... He just
> complained he didn't have updates from RHN anymore, and other RPM hell
> type comments. I mean, would I hire him for my Red Hat needs?
>
> -- Bryan
>
> **NOTE: I've learned not to comment on other distros I don't actively
> use. I've made some doozers on Debian in my past, and I now know that
> even though you _think_ you are being "objective," if you're not sure
> about your facts, you're only spreading unintentional FUD.

/overly redundant nonsense

WE GET IT. you don't comment on distro's you don't use and you throw a
fit when others do it and you wish that others would try Fedora before
they comment. WE COMPLETELY TOTALLY THOROUGHLY GET IT!!!!!!!!!

NOTE that the guy you replied to says that he's used 3 different
versions of Fedora. He doesn't even apply to your redundant bloated
response.

JUST STOP!! STOP STOP STOP STOP PLEASE!!

If I see one more thing like this in the near future Bryan, I am going
to miss anything you ever say that might fix something I have been
dealing with because I am going to trash any e-mail that originates from
you or maybe even has your name in it. I _do_not want to do this but I
think after the 110 (yes, I counted) e-mails in the last nonsense
thread, If this continues you'll leave me no choice. please stop an
move on. I don't mind you commenting on Fedora because I like to learn
about other distros and I know it's what you primarily use. What is so
bad is that I have to re-read so much nonsense to find anything of
value.

Maybe you could write a script that greps your sent e-mails and uses sed
to remove repetitive verbage. I don't know. But please don't put me in
a position to just trash your mail.

Thanks.

Mike Branda Jr.