Re: [SLUG] Re: Xandros Desktop OS Version 3 is out ...

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 05:22:17 EST

John wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 04:33:36 -0500, Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com> wrote:
>

>>I rather doubt that any patents were sold along with the PC division.
>

> I just went Googling. The CFO of the Chinese company says "hundreds
> of patents", and I'm betting that she understated it.

Uh-oh . . .

Yeah, this worries me. Any company in China is beholden, legally, to
the Chinese government in ways Americans in general are usually
incapable of understanding. Granting such ever-increasing control over
the US economy by way of legal dominion over business processes to a
country that has a relationship with the US as that of China is a recipe
for disaster.

Of course, I'm also of the opinion that patent law needs to be eliminated.

--
Chad