[SLUG] Need some help with X and SimplyMepis

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 09:30:56 EST

 Are there any X savvy people on this list? I have a PC with a Voodoo 3 card,
and SimplyMepis is not loading the DRI support for some reason. The framerate
is terrible without DRI. I get about 10fps with glgears.

The lines are there in the XF86config, but when I run glxinfo, I get this:
name of display: :0.0
Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
display: :0 screen: 0
direct rendering: No

It isn't a hardware problem. I tried two other distros to verify, and both
gave full 3D acceleration. What sort of wizardry is involved to get this
working with SimplyMepis?

Jeff