[SLUG] Data Recovery

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 08:53:18 EST

Hi All

First I want to thank all who attempted to help me with recovery of data from
my laptop HD.

Unfortunately that HD has and I report this with great sadness decided not to
continue it existance with the living and has passed on the the place in
technology heaven where electronic components go after relieving themself of
an over pressure of obnoxious black gas. That HD will be missed along within
the data it contained. Funeral services were yesterday held in the circular
filing department.

On a more interesting note to the group. The following programs were
recommended to me by various members of the group as programs of interest to
try for data recovery.

TCT - The Corruerls Tool Kit
Spin Right
Bootit NG
Bart's PE
Power Quest Lost & Found
PLF - Penguin Liberation Front
Knoppix

If others would like to add to the list it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Frank