[SLUG] Quiet List

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 02:23:21 EST

SLUGs:

You may have noticed how quiet the list has been. In fact, it's a little
eerie. I have (finally) uns*bscr*bed Chad Perrin and Bryan Smith.

I'm more than willing to uns*bscr*be truly bad guys, but am loath to do
so with those who are not. I wrote to both privately, I cautioned them
publicly, and finally I had no choice. While they readily admitted the
mistakes they made in public, they then continued to make them.

They are not banned for life, but I want them both to cool off a bit
before they get on again. And if I see this kind of difficulty in the
future, I will ban them permanently. If they choose not to res*bscr*be,
then at least the list will be a little more quiet.

Yes, I know you think this went on too long. So do I. My apologies. I
have no excuse other than my own reluctance to take action in this case,
and my hope that they would both grow up. Apparently this was too much
to ask.

And again, for those relatively new to the list, you've just witnessed a
once-in-a-blue-moon event. This very rarely happens. But as with all
unmoderated lists, it does happen from time to time. It's part of the
package. Fortunately, we have rules that detail contingencies in case it
does happen. Those contingencies led us to where we are now. It just
took us a little longer than usual to get there this time.

Paul M. Foster
President
Suncoast Linux Users Group (SLUG)