[SLUG] Printer Server in my LAN...

From: Justin Prior (justin.p@fusemail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 09:59:36 EST

Ok....
I have my main box running Debian Sarge (I have love it compared to all
the other Desktop distros, anyhow... moving on). I have another box setup
with a server install of FC2 that I want to use as a printer server. FC2
is my choice in this case since it is the only distro that will configure
my Lexmark z12 (it was a gift). Now, I have those 2 boxes plus my Vonage
phone service accessing the outside via my D-Link router/firewall. The
DCHP setting with the LAN use IPs 192.168.0.100-199. Can I set the FC2
print server box to use a static IP on something between 192.168.0.2-99?
If so, do I set by debian box to access the printer through the
appropriate IP or the host name? Or, I am going about this all wrong and
is there a better way? Thanks in advnace for any and all help/advice.

Justin