Re: [SLUG] Reminder: Sarasota SLUG tonight 6:00 pm

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 16:19:57 EST

On Thursday 16 December 2004 02:20 pm, Pete Theisen wrote:
> There were some green things that
> turned a lighter green when you clicked them. Don't recall anything in
> the man pages about these, but maybe I just missed it.

It's the kmix volume control in the multimedia section of your menu you click
on in the lower left of your desktop. The speaker was off, so that turned it
on. You can adjust the volume from there also by moving the slider.

> Also managed to get me on the wireless from there. Doesn't work anywhere
> else so far, though.

We'll work on that next meeting. For now, you have to run that pump command I
jotted down as root from a terminal, because it's not automatically fetching
an Internet address.

--
Eric Jahn
HMIS Manager