[SLUG] System sounds

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 23:45:29 EST

Hello Sluggers,

Running SuSE 9.2, KDE 3.3.2a, on an AMD Athlon 64 bit.

Lost all of my system sounds ( I like the chimes & boops etc.) when I
upgraded my KDE 3.3.1 to 3.3.2 the other night. I had them before
that. Not sure it is just the sounds though because if I check for
"popups" or whatever that does not happen neither.

This has happened to me once before about 2 years ago on SuSE 8.1.
Darned if I can remember though what it was that fixed it. I did clean
out all the tmp folders, and .mcop and stuff in my /home folder.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Bob S.