Re: [SLUG] xine

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 20:18:46 EST

On Monday 20 December 2004 07:41 pm, Pete Theisen wrote:
> It is looking more and more like going to a *real* distribution is what
> I have to do.

I would recommend running debian testing (the middle one as far as package
newness). It's quite stable. That way, we can help you better at the
Sarasota LUGs, because Debian's what a lot of us happen to run. You're
already running a debian-based distro anyway.

> Maybe I need to get a Knoppix CD, boot from that and then find my files?

What do you need Knoppix for? You just need to find your files in your Mepis
distro and save that folder to disk. Where are your Mozilla mail files?

Easy: RTFM.

Do a google search for something like "Mozilla Mail email file location" which
leads you to:

http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.5/faq/mail-news.html#export

which leads you to this:

http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.5/faq/profile.html

So your email is in your mozilla user profile in your home directory. No,
Warren didn't change that. He doesn't have time to screw up every package.
Zip/tar up your user profile directory and save the zip file to a CD or email
it to yourself depending on the size and you can change distros. -Eric J