Re: [SLUG] xine

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 22:20:26 EST

Eric Jahn wrote:
<snip>

> Do a google search for something like "Mozilla Mail email file
> location" which leads you to:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.5/faq/mail-news.html#export
>
> which leads you to this:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.5/faq/profile.html
>
> So your email is in your mozilla user profile in your home directory.
> No, Warren didn't change that. He doesn't have time to screw up
> every package. Zip/tar up your user profile directory and save the
> zip file to a CD or email it to yourself depending on the size and
> you can change distros. -Eric J

Hi Eric!

Hmm, I have already been to these pages, the links are a different
color. This part throws me, as you intimate that it would:

C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\ John Smith\ lm34qgkq.slt

I don't know what the corresponding Linux directory would be. Maybe
home/user/pete/Application Data/Mozilla/Profiles/ or some scramble
thereof? I'll try this.

Here we are: To begin with I have to disconnect from the web and close
most of what I have open to get the file manager window to come up at
all. Once I have shut enough stuff shut off (and I have 512 meg of ram
and a 1 gig swap, guess that isn't enough) I get a file:/home/Pete/mail/
window in Konqueror. It has six sub folders with nothing in them. Going
up one level I find a folder "Mozilla.ps" that has one email message in
it. Somewhere on this machine there are thousands of messages that show
up in Mozilla.

Regards,

Pete