Re: [SLUG] xine

From: Maurice Wilson (maury0324@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 07:37:16 EST

Pete Theisen wrote:
> Eric Jahn wrote:
> <snip>
>

>> Do a google search for something like "Mozilla Mail email file
>> location" which leads you to:
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.5/faq/mail-news.html#export
>>
>> which leads you to this:
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.5/faq/profile.html
>>
>> So your email is in your mozilla user profile in your home directory.
>> No, Warren didn't change that. He doesn't have time to screw up
>> every package. Zip/tar up your user profile directory and save the
>> zip file to a CD or email it to yourself depending on the size and
>> you can change distros. -Eric J
>

> Hi Eric!
>
> Hmm, I have already been to these pages, the links are a different
> color. This part throws me, as you intimate that it would:
>
> C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\ John Smith\
> lm34qgkq.slt
>
> I don't know what the corresponding Linux directory would be. Maybe
> home/user/pete/Application Data/Mozilla/Profiles/ or some scramble
> thereof? I'll try this.
>
> Here we are: To begin with I have to disconnect from the web and close
> most of what I have open to get the file manager window to come up at
> all. Once I have shut enough stuff shut off (and I have 512 meg of ram
> and a 1 gig swap, guess that isn't enough) I get a file:/home/Pete/mail/
> window in Konqueror. It has six sub folders with nothing in them. Going
> up one level I find a folder "Mozilla.ps" that has one email message in
> it. Somewhere on this machine there are thousands of messages that show
> up in Mozilla.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pete

Not sure if this is what your looking for but this is how I backup my
mozilla mail folder. You have to be in your home directory and select
show hidden files and then drill down to your Local Folders which has
all your mail folders.
file:/home/maurice/.mozilla/default/69maeurh.slt/Mail/Local Folders
note! your .slt folder will probably have a different name than mine.
hope this helps. I backup my local folder and when I install a new
system I set up my mozilla mail account and overwrite the local folder
with mybackup and everything is there.