Re: [SLUG] In a communication hole.

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 10:13:20 EST

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:43:07 -0500, mike rock <mikerock01@mindspring.com> wrote:
> The final solution to this will take a while since I will not be moving in
> to the new house until about April. Then I will start testing options. I
> will be acquiring data until then to determine the direction to take.
>
> Thank you all for your input. I am going to proceed with some detailed
> follow-up on your suggestions.
>
> Thank you again,

You want to look hard at a point to point solution that will help greatly to
insure your link. From the subscriber end (your home end) of the link you
can either then go wireless again or go wired.

I would tend to go 2.4 Ghz on the point to point link and then 5 Ghz on the
in home wireless lan side of it if you do wireless lan in the home. Put the
hardware up on the tower as near to the antennas as possible, the FAB
solution that has it all built into the radom is the best from a loss vs cost
point of view.

On the subscriber end come off the tower with 10basewhatever into your
home to your router, wire or wireless then from there to your computers.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;