RE: [SLUG] cabling question ?

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 06:56:18 EST

>>As I said, it can be difficult to get the wires in the right pins,
>> since you're missing wires, but I have done it before.

Here's an old trick that helps. Cut about an inch of cable and remove the
copper, keeping the insulation. When you go to align the wires, use the
pieces of insulation to help keep the wires in the proper position. After
you crimp the connectors, trim the short pieces of insulation. Sometimes
you can just pull it out. You might want to recrimp if you pull it out.

Ken Elliott