Re: Now How to Copy. Was Re: [SLUG] xine

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 2004 - 19:24:58 EST

Pete Theisen wrote:

> Logan Tygart wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 17:41 -0500, Pete Theisen wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>>> wanting to burn to a CDR once in a while. Is there a way to get the
>>> Mozilla messages into the CDR program?

Here's how I do it:

1) Set Konq to read hidden files.

2) Make a "backup" folder in my /home directory

3) Choose a "split window left/right" view

4) Go into .mozilla, drill through "default" and the folder with the
funny numerical name to my email and chrome and address book and
bookmarks files.

5) Drag those files into the "backup" folder

6) Drag any other data I want to back up into that folder

7) Burn a CD containing that folder's contents with K3B.

This takes a lot less time to do than to describe.

FYI, I use a R/W CD for backups, the same one over and over, marked
"current backup"

There are other ways but this is the no-brain method, and that's the
kind I like.

- Robin