[SLUG] St. Pete meeting notes

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 00:02:08 EST

I imagine Dylan will post the minutes, but I just wanted to mention what a
really nice fellow Paul Kunz is. From talking to people there, the meeting
was very enjoyable for all techie and non-techie. Aaron Steimle's girlfriend
taped most of the presentation. I think she had a tape change in there
somewhere. Despite my greatest efforts of asking the library supervisor to
lay off the 20:30 Nazi bullhorn announcement, they blared it out anyway.
Paul used it to close his presentation, and we continued the short remainder
of the meeting with a general Q&A session. By that time, most of the meeting
attendees were leaving, but the bulk that stayed went to Denny's afterwards.
Paul, his wife, sister, and mother came with us. It was a good bunch of
about twenty people in the atrium. Paul mentioned he may come to another
meeting just to hang out. I think the only media we had was WMNF and
"Roblimo" covering the story.

Times like these remind me of what a small world it really is.
Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, and may Peace finally dawn on Earth in '05.

/mario