[SLUG] Music Notation Software.

From: Mark Banschbach (mrbear37@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 09:55:32 EST

Greetings Fellow Penguin Jammers :)

  For those who may be interested, I have completed an
arragement of a shaped note tune for my fathers brass
quintet. ( My dad is 82 and currently performs
approximately 90 performances a year on trombone)

  Anyway, I had previously posted some inquiries about
music notation software and wanted to let you know
where I was in the process.

 I downloaded and installed DENEMO. Which is a
notation software and front end graphic/typesetter for
Lillypond. I used it without the Lillypond back end.
this is a pretty simple to use notation editor with
some room for improvement. It does however get the
job done. That particular job being PARTS writing.
This will not do SCORES well. That part of the search
will still continue.

  I also downloaded GSCORE which I attempted to
install but since it did not find the C compiler it
was looking for, so I will have to look at the source
and see how I can manipulate it.

   I hope this helps someone, also if anyone has other
suggestions I am open to listening :)

Peace !

Mark