Re: [SLUG] OT: Slugger's Blogs

From: Dylan Hardison (dylanwh@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 02:10:00 EST

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 01:33:00 -0500, Eric Jahn <eric@ejahn.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 January 2005 01:15 am, Dylan Hardison wrote:
> > I mainly don't use a CMS / blog software because I really, really like
> > my text editor.
>
> I used a text editor to create my blog for about a week. I even used the text
> editor to make atom .3 news feeds. But modifying the time stamps got old and
> difficult. So I switched to drupal, which will let me paste in my html tags
> and even external references to images. Also, I know some cms's like drupal
> have remote update script code available (blog APIs), so you could still use
> your text editor to do everything. Just a thought, because I've been running
> into the same problems.

Well, I also like using the file system.
And my text editor updates timestamps based filetype-specific regexp,
which nicely matches a variable at the top of every file:
[% META date = "2004-12-25" %]

autodate.vim is super cool. :)

Plus when I fail to the "date" variable, it uses the mtime of the file.
Everything is version controled with subversion, so if I want to
revert a change, it's trivial.

I think I *am* using a CMS, I'm just using unix as my CMS, just like I
use unix as my integrated development environment.

--
"Oh, you cannae shove yer granny off a bus, Oh, you cannae shove yer
granny off a bus,