RE: [SLUG] embedded linux - second try

From: Bill Glidden (bglidden@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 15:04:29 EST

The system is a Pentium-based machine, 733mhz. It has an integrated touch
screen. 128mb RAM. I purchased a 512MB CF card to put in it. When the card
is in there, the bios recognizes the CF card as an IDE disk drive.

The main task that I see is that I have to build the Linux for this machine
on a different machine. I don't have any other way to boot the kiosk machine
besides the CF card. So I have to make the CF bootable, and install the
Linux distro from my machine, then move the CF card to the kiosk machine and
boot up.