Re: [SLUG] Re: A real HARD(ware) question: It's ALIVE!

From: perthie (perthie@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 12:01:16 EST

--- Branko <kozmo3k@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Well, just as I suspected, Knoppix runs like a champ (too bad I can't
>
> convince my friend to run Linux), so I'm going to Google for a
> solution
> to the problem. BTW, anybody knows what "mup.sys" is or does?

mup.sys probably isnt the problem. you can disable mup.sys using the
recovery console, and itll still reboot after the driver that loads
before mup.sys (we see this behavior here at work every time we move a
hard drive from one system to another with a different chipset without
completely reinstalling windows).