Re: [SLUG] Re: A real HARD(ware) question: It's ALIVE!

From: Branko (kozmo3k@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 20:42:24 EST

>>mentioned, some Mobos are more selective about CPU's than others..
>>But of course, there is a catch. After POST-ing and looking over
>>BIOS, I
>>rebooted with the HD connected. It is recognized, starting to boot
>>into
>>OS (WinXP Home), but after loading _mup.sys,_ it stops for about 2
>>seconds and then it reboots.
>

>was xp installed on that system originally? xp is absolutely intolerant
>of major hardware changes.

Yes, the OS was/is installed on the disk. I don't know if I can reinstall it (only the OEM restore disk that came with that 'puter -eMachine - is available). I think they use Norton Ghost for the image (2 CD's). I think if I try to reinstall, it might have a problem because the new Mobo... or should it go w/o problems?