[SLUG] Cyrus imap questions on Debian install (Cyrus21)

From: James Marcinek (jmarc1@jemconsult.biz)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 21:17:10 EST

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of getting an OpenGroupware install on a Debian system. I'm
using Postfix and cyrus-imapd as I've had success in the past on Red Hat/Fedora.
This is my first experience with a Debian release and with the exception of
getting cyrus configured (and accessible), everything is up and running. The MTA
is configured and tested. The default Debian was to run in a chrooted
environment. I modified the postfix configuration files (master.cf) to change
this to a non-chrooted environment as I'm using lmtp.

Now I'm neither a Debian Postfix or cyrus expert to start, but I do have this
running on my RHEL 3 system and I haven't really had any issues. I have the
autoquotacreate set to -1 which will allow the addition of mailboxes
automatically, so I've never had to manually add mailboxes.

One of the problems I've had is I can't access cyradm with the cyrus user
account? Per some of the system doc's I added the cyrus user with the:
saslpasswd2 -c cyrus
command and verified this with the: sasldblistusers2. When I try to use cyradmin
this still doesn't allow connection. I know that those commands are part of
cyrus-sasl but at this point I'm reaching because I've compared settings to my
working configuration of Postfix and cyrus... I've tried starting the saslauthd
directory but no processes are running after I issue the command, and the exit
code I get is 0 with no errors.

Can someone help me out here? In addition to the above:

- How do I get into the cyradmin with the cyrus account? I've set a password up
for the user?

- Do I still have to add the imap and pop3 lines to /etc/inet.d or is this
controlled by cyrmaster?

- Do I have to use saslauthd

- Is there a way I can verify if postfix is not running chrooted?

thanks,

James