Re: [SLUG] Explain this please

From: Daniel Jarboe (daniel.jarboe@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 07:57:03 EST

> Hmmm...that puzzles me, because I don't get the barrier message on those
> other partitions of that drive, and lsmod says that jbd is running.

Nowhere in /var/log/messages or dmesg output? Even after generating
write activity on those filesystems? Are they mounted with the same
options?

I'm not sure about why that would occur if these other partitions are
all ext3, and mounted and being written to, unless the hda1 filesystem
was written to before the module was loaded out of the initrd. But
usually when systems do mount the / filesystem before the initrd
modules have been loaded, it is only mounted read-only and then
remounted read-write later. Is your / on hda1? Or is it just /boot?
Do you see ext3 messages in /var/log/messages as the systems are being
mounted?

At any rate, that does seem strange, but is not the end of the world.
You do not risk data-corruption or something like that.

Sorry this wasn't more help,
~ Daniel