[SLUG] forward sendmail to another internal mail server.

From: patrick grantham (pwgrant@cssi-fl.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 16:00:41 EST

Her my senario. Advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
Server1 current email server1 192.168.1.1 for incomming and outgoing email (outgoing email is relayed via the isp smtp server.

server2 to become email server, 192.168.1.2

on a user by user basis configure server1 to forward email to server2. Both are behind firewall/router.

Can sendmail be configured so that user A email is forwarded to server2 without using smtp relay without affecting user B?

The trouble I run into is that when sendmail forwards, it contacts the smtp server of the isp. I would like it to forward email on the same subnet directly to new server

suggestions?