Re: [SLUG] BRL CAD gzip failure? RESOLVED

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2005 - 12:22:30 EST

On Sunday 30 January 2005 11:40, Kwan Lowe wrote:
> Mario Lombardo wrote:
> > I was trying to unpackage the BRL CAD
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/brlcad/ program when this error occurred
> > during "tar -zxvf brlcad-7.0_ia32.tgz"
> >
> > gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
> > tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
> > tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
> > tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
> >
> > Is the file corrupt? I've tried from several different "mirrors." I've
> > posted on their IRC (irc.freenode.net IRC channel #brlcad). I'm not sure
> > if this is a response or not:
>
> The archive appears to be corrupted.

FYI, everyone...

.....continued later from previous post......
<CIA-5> BRL-CAD: brlcad * brlcad/sh/header.sh: don't bother formatting new
block copyright line to 70 exactly since we just have to fix the wrapping of
the 'the' after a year
<brlcad> mario: the ia32 tgz is corrupted
<brlcad> the upload apparently didn't complete successfully
<CIA-5> BRL-CAD: brlcad * brlcad/sh/copyright.sh: headers use a different
copyright line now, so just look for United States. ignore all of other/ now
too.
<brlcad> mario: i'm working on making new binaries for 7.0.4, so there should
be a new download soon
<brlcad> probably within a day or two if all goes well
--> kraig01 (~kraig@dsl-63-173-191-32.tcq.net) has joined #brlcad
* brlcad ponders the massive commit
<jano> bork!
<jano> :)
<jano> did you see photos?
<mario> Hey, brlcad, thanks. I asked some of the guys in my LUG and they said
the same thing, so I was just waiting for the next post. I'm excited to try
the newer 7.0.4. I haven't checked this thing out yet, but it looks slick.
I'll keep checking SF.

/mario