Re: [SLUG] MEPIS is finally working?

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 01:05:28 EST

Logan Tygart wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 14:58 -0500, Pete Theisen wrote: <snip>
>
>> Now, to get applications to do various things, or figure out what I
>> have already if I have it. Looking for a desktop publisher for one
>> thing,
>

> Check out Scribus. http://www.scribus.org.uk/
>

>> anyone know of one? Trying to figure out the GIMP for another.
>

> I have personally made 10% of the skins for XMMS found at
> http://themes.freshmeat.net/browse/966/ using the GIMP. Everything I
> learned about the GIMP came from http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/

Hi The Logan!

Wow, what a GIMP link, thanks! I wouldn't have guessed Scribis as a
publishing program, right on the menu above the GIMP, but there it is
already installed. I get a 404 error trying to download the tutorial,
though. Maybe they don't work Sunday night/Monday morning. Hmm, managed
to crash SCRIBUS in 5 minutes. Bad Pete.

Regards,

Pete