Re: [SLUG] MEPIS is finally working?

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 01:15:00 EST

Richard Smoot wrote:
<snip>
>> Right clicking on the image in Gimp brings up all kinds of menu's.
>>

> Have you tried Open Office for desktop publishing?

Hi Richard!

I confess I have not. I mucked around in it as a Word Processor and as a
Spreadsheet and found it inferior to WordPerfect and Excel, which I have
licenses for. I have a license for M$ Publisher as well, but I am trying
to ditch the Windows OS so I would like to get something that works to
ride on the Linux side.

Looking around in the menus, how do you set up a newsletter or booklet
in Open Office? The screen I have up looks like a word processor but the
tools seem to be for a database. What gives?

Regards,

Pete