Re: [SLUG] A real HARD(ware) question

From: Branko (kozmo3k@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 19:38:52 EST

Thanks for the replies, and sorry, Eben, for jumping into your thread. I
don't know how I did that, when I just wanted to post a question.
I did continue to trouble shoot, I did clear the CMOS with the jumper on
MOBO. I did try my old PS/2 keyb'. At first the system recognized the
USB keyb, until the next reboot. And I also did "dust off" my old 350W
P/S and tried that. The interesting thing is: as soon I plugged the
power cord into the P/S, the fan (inside the P/S) started to spin, even
without pressing On/Off button (just like with the original one). Now
that I think should not be, as I know that from my other 'puters.
Replacing the MOBO is probably the least expensive option that I see
now, but my friend has only the OEM WinX"Pee" disk. I don't know if that
will reinstall under the new MOBO(?). And the thingy with "activation"
of a new install is a hassle (3 times before you have to call them)...
Anyway, thanks for the replies again.

B.