Re: [SLUG] dvd drives...was DVD firmware flasher?

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 10:11:00 EST

William Coulter wrote:

>Sence we are on the subject of DVD drives, what do think is the best drive? I am polling the user
>list, and I don't what to start a flame war.
>
>William

Some swear by pioneer as the best drives.
I have an old A04 that still works great.

But for the price vs Value. I go with Liteon or a Phillips/Benq
drive. HP seems to use BenQ aka Phillps drives and simple rebrands
them. Now while the my aging pioneer is great. I have yet to have a
bad burn with this hp 630c which is benq or The liteon drive in my
mothers machine.