Re: [SLUG] Proposed New SLUG Site

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 23:13:35 EST

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 10:21:06PM -0500, Russell Hires wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 10:03 -0500, Eben King wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Russell Hires wrote:

<snip>

> > Um, DistroWatch isn't a distribution. I guess it would be a
> > meta-distribution.
>
> So I took that one out, too. Not sure what to put in instead. We have
> Redhat, Debian, SUSE, Slackware, Mandrake...there's tons of distros, but
> what's good for a small list like this? Knoppix? Linspire?...

The legend on that part of the SLUG web pages doesn't say, "These are
the Linux distros". It just says "Linux Distributions". The ones
included are the major "free" ones (not including Linspire, Xandros, and
the like). DistroWatch was included at the bottom as a place for people
to go to find nearly every other Linux distribution in existence.

Paul