[SLUG] Need help compiling a driver

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 09:48:10 EST

Hello All

I am attempting to get the ATMEL wireless driver for my Linksys USB
wireless nic to compile. I am running Fedora Core 3.

I just grabbed the latest tarball from the website:
http://at76c503a.berlios.de/
and when I attempt to compile I get an error message:

$ make
gcc -MD -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-
common -Wn o-sign-compare -Wno-unused -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -
DEXPORT_SYMTAB -DDRIVER_VERSIO N=\"v0.11\" -
I/lib/modules/2.6.10-1.760_FC3/build/include -DMODVERSIONS -
include /lib/modules/2.6.10-1.760_FC3/build/include/linux/modversions.h
-c at76c503.c
cc1: /lib/modules/2.6.10-1.760_FC3/build/include/linux/modversions.h: No
such file or directory

Notice the path where it is looking for modversions.h that is not the
path to the kernel source.

As I'm sure some of you are aware FC3 does not come with the source for
the kernel so I had to add it. So I installed the kernel source rpm for
my kernel and I did run:

$rpmbuild -bp --target=noarch /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/kernel-2.6.spec
so I know the kernel source is there.

I thinkn the problem is my lack of understanding of the new way that the
2.6 kernel or redhat organizes the kernel source. I tried doing a make
dep and I got a message bout the not being required.

What do I need to do to make this work?

What is wrong here?

Regards
Russ