Re: [SLUG] Shared windows/linux directory

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 01:13:26 EST

Norbert Omar Cartagena wrote:
> Maybe I'm out of line here, but can you explain your situation? Some of
> us weren't at last week's meeting (due, in my case, to being over 4
> hours away) but might be able to help :-D.
>
> Gnorb
>
> Pete Theisen wrote:
>
>> Hi Everybody!
>>
>> Last meeting someone (Eric?) mentioned a shared windows/linux
>> directory. How to do this, given my limited ability?
>>
>> I looked around for a tutorial and they all wanted to use Samba. Samba
>> is on my box, but it won't start. Seems to me I should be able to just
>> make another partition on the Dark Side, then mount it in Linux?

Hi Gnorb!

Last week we were at a bar eating and drinking stuff. This was dinner
conversation. I tried a post because I was wishing that for *once*
something in Linux would be easy enough that even I could do it. It
turns out that I have to make some room on the disk, create a FAT 32
partition, put my wannabe shared files on that partition, get Samba
working somehow. This is where I am now, trying to get Samba to start.

Regards,

Pete