Re: [SLUG] Shared windows/linux directory

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 07:18:05 EST

Daniel Jarboe wrote:

> So you want both the partition and Samba... which means you are on a
> dual-boot windows/linux PC and you want to be able to share those
> files from either OS to other computers on your network?
>
> Or do you really only need a subset of that? It was never quite
> clear to me what you were going for, really.
>
> ~ Daniel

Hi Daniel!

I have a dual boot, I do all my homework on the (troll word deleted)
side because that is where the programs that actually *work* for me are.
I do email and web on the Linux side because that is where the viruses
and worms can't do anything much.

The problem comes when something on the web needs something in the
homework. I either have to contact the web from the dark side and risk
all the bad stuff or I have to move the homework to the Linux side. This
is what I need to do. At the eat/drink meeting the word was to set up a
shared folder. Since my dark side is NTFS I have been thinking of using
a separate partition in FAT 32.

I hope this explains it a little better. If you had been in on the
original discussion I guess you would have been more privy to the
details. I hope this clarifies it.

Regards,

Pete