Re: [SLUG] Shared windows/linux directory

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 08:07:54 EST

Pete Theisen said:

> Hi Doug!
>
> Guys on this and another Linux list are telling me to use Samba, others
> are saying not to, I don't know what to do. One thing, I am going to
> back up my important files before I do anything.
>
> Regards,

Pete,

Definitely a good thing to back everything up! I think the reason you getting such
disparate answers is because many of us are not sure what you are trying to
accomplish. It is not very clear from reading the thread... Please re-state your
objectives, and once we all get on the same page, I'm sure we can get you up and
running.

Doug