[SLUG] QEMU

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 18:02:20 EST

Anyone here familiar with QEMU? I'm trying to install a Win2K image, but fan't get
it to run.

After installing qemu-0.6.1 (along with kqemu-0.6.2), I created a disk image in /
with the command:
qemu-img create win2k.img 2050M

Then I dumped my Win2K cd to hard disk using the command:
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/win2k.iso

I then try booting qemu to the iso, but I get no response at all, no errors, no
windows coming up, no simulated BIOS messages, or anything. What am I doing wrong?
Here are some of the commands I have tried:
qemu -hda /win2k.img -cdrom /win2k.iso -boot d
qemu -cdrom /win2k.iso -boot d -full-screen /win2k.img
qemu -cdrom /win2k.iso -boot d /win2k.img
qemu -boot d /win2k.img

What am I missing?

Doug