Re: [SLUG] Java Tutor

From: perthie (perthie@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 10:46:48 EST

<snip>

> Caveat on Schildt. On usenet, Schildt has a bad name with regard to C
>
> books. His works apparently contain numerous inaccuracies and
> incorrect
> statements. This from people who know much more about C than I do.
> But I
> have seen this in some of his books. Fortunately or unfortunately,
> he's
> about the most prolific writer on C/C++.

Most of those errors are on the pedantic side (though a few are
blatant). If you look at his work in a big picture sort of way, and
verify all of his statements yourself (a very important skill to master
as a c coder, imo) then hes a good read.

#include <stddisclaimer.h>
I've never read his java books, nor have I heard reports of
inaccuracies in any of his books other than those about c and c++, nor
am I a java coder.