RE: [SLUG] x window tk script to run from cron

From: Larry Brown (larry.brown@dimensionnetworks.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 14:46:38 EST

On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 14:30, Ken Elliott wrote:
> >>So does this mean that it is not possible to start a gui app from cron?
>
> What about using sendmail to mail yourself an event notification? Would
> that do the trick?
>
> Ken Elliott

Funny thing is, this is hoping to bypass some of the reliance on sifting
through e-mail. Plus it is a good thing to know, I just don't know what
is blocking me.

I've read other posts from google hits that show the use of "xhost
+localhost", but it isn't working for me. I've also seen SuSe's
departure from the norm which I believes has to do with Yast
integration, so I don't know if that is playing a part here as well...