Re: [SLUG] I hate Gmail

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 23:07:47 EST

On Mar 2, 2005, at 10:45 PM, Ken Elliott wrote:

>>> I just spent about an hour writing the minutes of the St. Pete
>>> meeting,
>>> only to accidently middle-click and have it all lost.
>
> Perhaps you should consider a Mac. They only have one button...
>
> <ducking, running for cover>

Unless you're like me and actually use a non-Apple mouse with two (or,
in the case of the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical I use on my iBook,
five) buttons, including the one in the scroll wheel.

BTW, Ctrl+Click on OS X is the same as right-clicking in other systems,
if you're using one of those one-button wonders (or the built-in
touchpad).

Double BTW, I also use a Microsoft Natural Keyboard designed for
Windows with my iBook when at my desk ("Windows" Key = Mac "Command"
key; "Menu" key does nothing) and have it connected to my HP Pavilion's
v50 monitor for dual display extended desktop with the iBook's LCD
(thanks to a little hack in the OS called Screen Spanning Doctor).

I definitely need at least a three-way KVM switch, though. Then I can
get the best of all three worlds (win, lin, mac).

Steven W. Buehler | steven@sanctuaryweb.org/swbuehler@yahoo.com
Web Page: http://www.sanctuaryweb.org | http://renaitre.iuma.com
Instant Messengers: stevenbuehlerfl (AIM) | swbuehler (Yahoo!/.Mac
iChat/Skype) | stevenwbuehler@msn.com (MSN Msgr.)